Sign up at the bottom of this page!
Veterans and Military members. Join us in this unique opportunity we call “Herd to Heard – Transform Your Journey through Horses” an Equine Wellness and Learning experience.
This is a collaborative therapeutic approach that allows participants to learn about themselves and others by participating in ground based, hands on, equine activities with our horses and facilitated by our team. You will:
- Work within a safe space, and have the opportunity to process and overcome life challenges.
- Gain resilience, self-awareness and hope through interactions with horses.
- Become a part of a supportive community that is invested in your well-being. Your journey matters, and we are here to walk alongside with you.
- Group settings will consist of 1-8 participants per session
- Total commitment is 16 hours per participant
- Program will be offered between January – September 2024
- No horse experience necessary
- This program is tailored for Veterans and Military Personnel.
- We have over a decade of experience working with veterans and military and understand complexities of military life and provide a supportive environment for healing.
- Thanks to the generous funding of the Department of Veterans Affairs, through the Horses for Mental Health and Arenas for Change organizations; we are able to provide these services FREE of charge to you! To register scroll down and fill out the contact form below!
- Arena’s for Change (ARCH) which is a framework for storytelling – because we all have a story to tell and through the horses, we can help you accelerate your progress through this experiential framework designed to allow our clients to discover, learn and grow by engaging the unique intuitive power of horses to help them identify and practice the changes they want to make.
Our team consists of the horses, licensed and credentialed Mental Health Professionals and certified Equine Specialists, where we work together at all times to ensure each client receives the therapeutic attention and guidance to explore, process, and solve their specific challenges in a safe, supportive environment. Built on the premise that it is the client who can best determine the life changes they need to make to improve their lives, we work as a team to meet each client’s goals.
Who Can Benefit?
Though this program is focused on veterans, we do work with civilians (see equine assisted learning opportunities under the programs tab)
Equine Assisted Wellness and Learning are therapeutic approaches and can be used as an add-on to conventional therapy or on its own to address a variety of challenges, including:
- PTSD, Trauma
- Emotional Disabilities
- Abuse & Neglect Issues
- Relationship Problems
- Anger Management
- Behavioral Issues
- Substance Abuse, Chemical Dependency
- Depression & Anxiety
- ADHD & ADD
- Eating Disorders
About our V.E.T.S (Veteran Equine Therapy Services)
Our V.E.T.S Program is community-based, client-centered, and solution-oriented. It is open to military veterans, first responders, and their immediate families for whom conventional therapies alone have not produced satisfactory, sustainable results. The overarching goal of the V.E.T.S Program is to offer a comprehensive therapeutic experience for those suffering from PTSD and other emotional challenges. The effects of PTSD on the brain are deeply seeded and extremely complex. Affecting nearly every facet of the mind including emotional, psychological, and physical responses, they can rarely be treated separately. When the brain is exposed to consistent trauma as in war and combat, it locks in the thoughts, fears, images, and emotions of that trauma long after combat is over. This is why the action-based, experiential approach of working with horses is proving to be so effective in treating post-traumatic stress and related disorders.
Our V.E.T.S. Scholarship Fund is available to assist military, veterans and first responders by defraying the cost of treatment. For information on available financial assistance, please email us here.
What should you wear? Dress appropriately for the weather and ALWAYS wear closed-toed shoes that cover your entire foot, preferably boots!
Our horses are not trained to respond to our clients in a particular manner. The horses will respond to each individual naturally based on the energy that the client presents to the horse.
We do NOT advocate for the horses to be bribed with food or treats during sessions or at any time. They are very well-fed and cared for and are never hungry.
For more information or to SIGN UP to participate in our FREE V.E.T.S Program please complete the inquiry form below or email foreveramberacres@gmail.